The Old Goal

Posted by on September 15, 2010 in Featured, Portfolio | 0 comments

The Old Goal

The gaol was built shortly after the Drostdy and was originally a simple, long building with lean-to cells at the rear. By 1790 the gaol was enlarged and again in 1813. A courtyard was formed by linking the two rear cell wings with a high wall and securing it by embedding glass fragments along its ridge.

Leave a Comment